Welded vs. Mechanical Joints for Rubber-Lined Pipe
Welded joints have always been the standard connection method for unlined pipe due to their strength and ease of construction. Now with Joint Lock Ring™ technology, welded joints are available for rubber and polyurethane lined pipe as well.
Advantage #2 - Field Length Adjustments are a Breeze with Welded Joints
Field length adjustments for lined pipe with mechanical joints can add days or weeks to a project schedule. Bends and critical junctures often require waiting for a pipe fitting fabricated to a specific length and lined at a shop. Joint Lock Rings™ can easily be installed on field fit-up ends and are ready to weld within hours. Also, long radius field bends can be accomplished just like unlined pipe.
Mechanical Joints $$$
One to two weeks
- Measure cut to fit length
- Fabricate precise spool at shop
- Add mechanical joints to spool
- Rubber line spool at shop
- Autoclave cure rubber lining
- Ship spool to job site
- Bolt spool at tie-in location
Welded Joints $
- Measure cut-to-fit length
- Cut pipe
- Remove rubber from cut pipe end
- Insert Joint Lock Ring™
- Weld spool at tie-in location
Learn more today and save your company money down the line.